Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

In Loving Memory of Britt "Superman" Dalley


Britton Craig Dalley, 18, passed away on May 7, 2008 from complications due to the surgical removal of a brain tumor. Britt was born on April 19, 1990, in American Fork, Utah to Craig and Lisa Dalley of Highland, Utah. He was the oldest of five children. Britt spent a happy childhood in Provo and moved to Springville at age 8, where he lived until his death. Britt was an Eagle Scout and soon-to-be high school graduate, with plans to serve an LDS mission.

Britt loved life. He was easy going, always optimistic and commonly used phrases like “no worries” and “it’s all good.” Britt was also acutely aware of the feelings of others; he was very considerate and tried hard not to offend. He had a kind heart and forgiving nature and was always polite and respectful to others. He rarely got up from the table without thanking his mother for dinner. Britt had a great sense of humor. He loved to laugh and was very clever with words. He had an extensive vocabulary and was extremely quick-witted.

Britt had many hobbies and interests. He loved sports of all kinds and could always be found watching ESPN. He especially loved basketball, and was an avid fan of the Utah Jazz, rarely missing a game. He especially admired Deron Williams, Michael Jordan and Lebron James. He also loved BYU basketball and football. From a very young age, Britt was a voracious reader. He loved fantasy novels, especially those written by Terry Brooks and Brandon Sanderson. He would often read a book in one day, and talked about eventually becoming a writer himself. Britt loved to play games with his mom, dad and brothers, and would often suggest a family game night. He loved word games best, and couldn’t be beat at Scrabble. Britt had a great love for music and had a wonderful singing voice; he also played the piano and was learning to play the guitar. He could often be heard singing in his bedroom late at night. He knew every word to every song on the radio and rarely needed to use the hymn book at church. Britt loved going to movies and would even go by himself if nobody else was available. He never tired of quoting lines from Nacho Libre, Napoleon Dynamite, and The Three Amigos, and did great impressions of his favorite characters. Britt was fortunate enough to travel to many different countries with his family. He has been on many cruises and especially enjoyed a recent trip to China with his dad. He dreamed of traveling the world with his own family some day.

Britt is survived by his parents and younger brothers, Jantzen (13), Josh (11), Zack (8) and McKay (5). He loved his brothers and was a wonderful example to them. He took great pride in their abilities and accomplishments, and was always interested in what they were doing. He was a very affectionate son and brother, and was known for his enveloping bear hugs. Britt also leaves behind many cherished friends and relatives, including four grandparents, 32 aunts and uncles and nearly 70 cousins. Britt was loved and affected by all who knew him, most especially by his family who adored and admired him greatly. We hope to face his loss with the same unwavering courage he showed during his final days here with us. He will be forever in our hearts and acutely missed. We take great comfort in the knowledge that he is ours forever, and eagerly look forward to seeing him again.
=============================================
~I had the great opportunity of meeting Britt when I started working at Winger's a few months ago. He was one of the busser's & our "Expo King". He was the biggest sweetheart & such a stud! He was selfless, kind, and sincere. Britt gave the best bear hugs ever & always knew how to lift your mood. Working at a resturant can be pretty stressful, Britt always made things so much easier. He was always extremely helpful.
Today was his funeral & of course I bawled throughout the entire service. It makes you realize how fragile life really is. You never know what can happen. The service was such an amazing experience. You should have seen the chapel. It was completly full along with the entire over-flow. His father Craig spoke & did such an amazing job. There were both tears & laughter. His parents must be so proud to have had such an extraordinary son. And it was them that had a hand in him being that way. There was such a wonderful peaceful atmosphere & I know that it was because of 3 people: Heavenly Father, Our Savior Jesus Christ, and Britt. I know Britt was there letting us all know that everything will be fine, No Worries. There was bigger plan for Britt & I know he'll do an amazing job teaching others. Even though I only knew him a short period compared to others, He will always have made a special impact on my life. His good example & wonderful spirit will stay with me always, as I strive to me more like him.
To so many in the world death is The End. But I am grateful to have the knowledge of knowing that The End to many is just The Beginning of Forever & Eternity!
Rest in Peace Britt!! I love you!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Nate and I went to Winger's on Saturday night and we noticed a little note about how all the tips were going to Britt's family since he recently passed away. So it was interesting reading about him. Life is very fragile. He is definitely in a better place.

Unknown said...

Britt was in my spanish class this year. I transfered later in the year and I never really talked to him much. After he passed away I didn't realize that it was him. It kind of slipped my mind and I thought I didn't know him. As I flipped through the year book today I saw his picture and remembered him. As I got to the back of the book, I saw his memorium. I couldn't believe that it was him. I've never known anyone who has passed away before. So I think I'm still in the stage of denial. I still don't think there is any way he can be gone. He was such an awesome kid and he always made the whole class laugh. I really wish I could have gotten to know him better. Rest in Peace Britt. -Jess