Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering This Day


September 11th, 2001

I remember this day very distinctly.
I was sitting in my 1st period class my sophomore year of high school.
The tvs were on in all the classrooms and news of the attack on
The Twin Towers
came streaming in all over the school.
I must admit I was in shock.
And sadly a little displaced.
It was sad. Very sad.
But I was in Utah...far from the chaos.
They were many students crying,
people worried about loved ones
who were in New York.
And I was just in a daze.
Not necessarily uncaring,
But not attached.

However....little did I know just 4 years later I would date and then marry a
United States Marine.
That alone changed many things for me.
After getting married the first time in March 2006 and moving down to San Diego
where Will was stationed at Camp Pendleton,
the life as Marine wife became a reality.
Operation Iraqi Freedom had begun years before
and was still on-going.

Will deployed for Iraq August 9th, 2006.
Watching him walk away to the buses has been one of the hardest things I've ever
had to experience. Although I trusted him and the Marine in him...
You still never know what can happen.
He was gone for 7 months.


And March 6th, 2007
he came back safe and sound.
It is yet another experience that is unexplainable...
the feelings I had rushing through me as I saw the line of buses pull up.
There were tons of people also waiting for their loved ones.
And with so many Marines all dressed alike
I was searching frantically for the one I was looking for.
And when I saw him all i could do was skip/run with a huge smile.
That has been the BEST Hug and Kiss EVER.

I guess where I am going with all this
is simply that
September 11th, 2001
is a day that will never be forgotten
and should not be forgotten.
And I hope everyone remembers the many innocent lives lost that day,
as well as the lives of Brave men and women of the
United States Military
who are to this day still are sacrificing their lives for ours.
For our Freedom to Live,
To be a Great People.
May we always remember that
Freedom is never Free.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your post and I agree with you "Freedom is never Free"